It’s Friday. If you’ve had a challenging week, I’m sure you are grateful it’s over. One thing I can attest to: when things are challenging, we require strategies to manage ourselves. Whether you have run amuck with a mountain of negative thoughts or you’re just plain feeling stuck — listening to experts sharing their research and perspectives — can help us re-frame our own challenges.
This week we’ve picked our favorite videos to help you through the rough patches and offer a boost. Click on the link to our YouTube channel. Then scroll through to the “How to Manage Yourself” playlist. Happy viewing.
Here are our picks:
- Developing a Growth Mindset. Psychologist Carol Dweck reminds us that potential has much to do with our own perspective.
- How to Make Stress Your Friend. Health Psychologist Kelly McGonigal talks about stress and the beliefs that we hold about it.
- True Grit: Can Perseverance Be Taught. Angela Duckworth lets us know that intelligence is a much smaller part of the story where achievement is concerned.
- Mindy Kaling’s Advice for Young Girls. Actress Mindy Kaling tells us to focus on your art — not the aspects of you that you feel will hold you back.
- Getting Stuck in the Negatives (and How to Get Unstuck). Social psychologist Alison Ledgerwood touches on how we are overwhelmingly affected by negative information — and what it takes to get unstuck.
Do you have a favorite video to add to this list? Let us know.
Live.Work.Think.Play shares observations concerning a wide array of topics from running a company — to the perfect gift. It is designed to share lessons learned from a variety of perspectives.